Sunday, November 1, 2009

The beauty of an original #4

Continuing along with sharing our art collection at home :-)

My good friend Marie Peter-Toltz recently had her second solo Art Exhibition in Australia. I've modelled for her portrait and figure studies for both exhibitions, and she's an amazing young woman to be around.
At the time of her exhibition last year we were neighbours in a communal artist studio space - me working on tiny neat intaglio etchings, where I needed a clean environment for the paper to stay pristine, and all the painters around me frenziedly coating everything in their near vicinity in paint. It was an interesting experience, but I value all the time I got to spend with her. I am not a regularly exhibiting artist, so there is a lot to learn from those who are.

At her show last year, my partner bought this small portrait.

Marie Peter-Toltz, "Asleep"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx