Sunday, November 8, 2009

The beauty of an original #6

The FONAS Plate Auction went very well! Besides a little hiccup at work when I thought I might have to curl up on the carpet and sleep there overnight, I got to the event in pretty much one piece, and only slightly frazzled.

As I did purchase a plate on the night, I'll write a little about the new original that came home to join my slowly growing art collection.

Lauren Murphy - Untitled (mouse)

Lauren was in the year above me in printmaking whilst I was studying my BFA at the National Art School, and I remember always being captivated and drawn to her images. Detailed etchings of small creatures curled up in various stages of petrified decomposition... dark and ghastly, but I loved them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx