Sunday, November 15, 2009

The beauty of an original #8

Not usually the sort of little guy I’d go frivolously purchasing. However, In this case I was acquainted with the artist, a lovely young lady making bears out of recycled old shirts and clothes with fashion label Incu.


I really do adore anything that makes clever use of recycling and using up old materials, and am a big fan of eco-friendly anything. Her little bears, dressed in stylish corduroy pants, and flannel collared shirts are sweet, but my heart was utterly captured when she created this set of all white opera-going teddies. (Sadly not a part of my collection)

Jessica Sutton – Crafternoon



3 comments:

  1. What an interesting little creature! It reminds me of something... but I can't quite think of what. Possibly a character on a kids show, but it's been so long since I've seen any kids shows apart from Lazytown.... eh.

    I read the comment on my blog about the parcel being on its way! I'm so excited to find what might be inside! I'll be sure to send word when it's arrived, but for now, I can't thank you enough for this. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's massive. You might need several workmen to help you carry it inside... LOL.

    I really hope it inspires you. I just bought a Black Eyed Suzie doll (*screams*) and certainly I feel like tossing aside my drawings and making dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Monika, I just stumbled across this! nice to see the little guy again, I have the other fish man on my mantelpiece at home

    xx jessica.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx