Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Scribbles and Sketchbooks

As well as the framed paintings exhibited at my solo show, I have 5 glass display cabinets showcasing sketches, works in progress, quotes that inspired me, and paraphernalia related to my work practice.


 

I felt it was important to show that the immaculately detailed work on the walls all start off as messy scribbles in my sketchbooks, and quick studies jotted on scraps of paper.


And most importantly my palette - a mere 7 blobs of colour are the starting point for me. Devotion, patience and a great deal of time complete the recipe! There it is, up in the corner. So simple, no?


2 comments:

  1. It's always cool to see what inspires artists. Such a wonderful show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these cabinet and their contents. :)) Beautiful work from start to finish. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx